Saturday, December 31, 2011

Resolutions for 2012?

Do you make New Year's resolutions? Do you make resolutions specifically related to your genealogy hobby?
I'm not one for making resolutions, but this week I've been reading resolutions--for both last year and this year--written by other genealogy bloggers.
They go from the very simple--Thomas MacEntee's "Abundance"--to a detailed list--see Everyday Genealogy's list here.
I'm thinking I should just take the first item in Everyday Genealogy's list and see if I can make progress on it. Pattie's #1 resolution is:
I resolve to catch up on my filing and get rid of clutter.
It's highly unlikely that I could accomplish this one task, given the state of my genealogy files, notebooks, loose notes, etc., but it's definitely worth a try.
I would certainly love it if more Seattle area genealogists would ascribe to some of her other resolutions, like:
    2. I resolve to join a genealogical society (specifically SGS!)
    4. I resolve to submit an article to a local genealogy or state newsletter/ quarterly. (the SGS Bulletin, of course!)
    7. I resolve to attend one county or state-level genealogical event this year. (preferably the SGS Spring Seminar with George Morgan)
What genealogy resolutions have you made for 2012?
If you share them with other readers of this blog, we'll try to help you stay on track this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment